Tuesday 23 September 2014

David, what were you thinking?

The other day, I caught half the trailer of 'What we did on our holiday'. Well, I primarily noticed that David Tennant (with his Scottish accent, not the English Dr Who accent) was in it. I was quite excited, when I got an email from Showfilmfirst AND they still had tickets available at the Greenwich Odeon, which is even in my neighborhood (for London standards anyway).

What a disappointment the film was: Unrealistic, predictable rubbish and badly acted. David is of course still pretty to look at - one of the redeeming features. The other being the stunning Scottish landscape shoots and it is admittedly funny at times. The themes of the movie are good and interesting and all but the translation into the movie is not great.

But I am glad I didn't actually pay for tickets. I do wonder what the actors - also starring Rosamund Pike, Billy Connolly and Celia Imrie - were thinking when they read the script. Which is written by the guys who do Outnumbered. And you can certainly see the parallels. Not surprisingly, I am also not a big fan of Outnumbered...


1 comment:

  1. I did see a trailer for this when I went to see Pride, shame it it didn't live up to expectation.

    ReplyDelete