Friday 5 September 2014

Leaving London

This week, I went up to Manchester for a meeting. It was a grey day - bad weather never does much for any city... I also have to confess that I clearly have become a bit of  a London snob: everything outside of the capital just seems a little provincial.

In any case, it was nice to spend a bit of time away from my desk. Apart from sitting on the train for two hours each way, I  spent most of the day schmoozing. And felt absolutely exhausted by the end of it. Who would have thought that switching on the charm is so energy-consuming?!

Overall, a very good day - connecting with existing business contacts, making new contacts and chatting about football, friendships and life along the way.

cocktails at Cape Town prices!!!
Virgin toilet humour - actually funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment