Sunday 7 September 2014

Very, very painful - but it's done!

I'm not sure where it all went wrong, but it went wrong quite a bit. I removed the zipper completely, and sewed in another one (this time a pink one!). But somehow the left and right side didn't match up anymore. As the dress consists of bodice and skirt that is of course a problem. It also makes the seam look wonky. I couldn't work out what I had done wrong and I also wasn't prepared to undo any more stitches than I already had to. So, screw it.... I will just wear it with a belt and nobody will be able to see! Or rather, I just don't care if people do see.

I also really, really, really want an overlocker! The fabric is fraying badly and I wonder how long until it will fall apart in the wash. Last but not least, I also managed to prick myself on numerous occasions with the bloody pins... And it also still doesn't fit quite right on the top but for now I simply cannot be asked to do anything about that. 

not sure where I got the massive bruise on my leg from
possibly from walking into my bedframe...
and yes, another crappy photo taken on my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment