Saturday 26 November 2016

double trouble

Yesterday I visited an ex colleague. She has 3 year old twins and a 5 year old. The older one was at kindergarden (they went to the theatre - the benefits of living in a big city!) while the twins were home while we were having brunch.

What can I say? First of all I could not tell them apart. Secondly, they were not big fans of me. I wasn't allowed to help her with her seat belt, not even to open the car door and just got a growling look. Thirdly, I have no idea how my friend does it. She seems to be patience impersonated. The kids slightly flooded their toilet, smeared lots of honey all over a bread roll to then not eat any of it but place the roll on the table, with honey dripping everywhere. The day before, one of them had slipped while running around and hit her head on the sofa table, leaving a little hole on her head.

On the upside, they spent the majority of time playing with each other but quite frankly it made me a little nervous whenever they were out of sight... Apparently the other day, the three of them cooked up a delicious soup, emptying all the spices from the cupboard, mixing them with milk and cream. Yummy and a little expensive.

Most of all though, it was heartwarming to see her interact with her kids in such a loving and caring way. She told me about a friend whose child is severely disabled and needs looking after constantly. And yes, I am sure that puts things into perspective and makes you appreciate being healthy instead of taking it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment