Monday 28 November 2016

is it an avocado situation?

Just the other day, I was - once again - feeling the impatience about my current situation. Without a doubt, I do enjoy not working full time and don't feel ready or inclined to find another full time job just yet. But equally, I am sometimes finding it tough to fill all this free time.

This morning during my usual FB check, I came across a link for a webinar that was taking place within 45 minutes of me reading the post about decision making. A topic I have read and attended classes about before. After a: I'll sign up. No, I won't - I have done enough classes. I settled with 'I'll sign up'. And it was an interesting hour for sure.

The two coaches went through five possible scenarios and I feel I am in the last one: it's an avocado situation. The time simply is not yet ripe to make a decision. No pressure from outside or inside will change that. Some things cannot be forced.

Safe in the knowledge that everything is ok the way it is, and I do not have to wait for that moment in the future - whenever it may be - when I reach clarity about what I want to do next - I can still enjoy the present. Taking off the pressure I mostly put on myself.

Not exactly a totally new revelation but exactly what I needed to remind myself off right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment