Sunday 6 November 2016

Munich - once more

Since living in Bavaria, I primarily have been to Munich when a) I had visitors or b) I was meeting up with people. Primarily because of the price to get there, I don’t usually bother. I feel that this last tourist tour was my best yet.

First off, we wanted to check out the World’s biggest eye contact experiment 2016, which was taking place on Odeonsplatz. I had come across this on facebook: the organizers aim to bring people closer together and enable a human connection. When we arrived about 10 minutes before it was due to start, it was all a rather sad affair though with basically noone but the organizers there, who were being questioned by police... So, we decided to skip gazing into strangers’ eyes.

After the obligatory visit of the Frauenkirche and taking pics of the devil’s footstep, on we went up St Peter’s to enjoy the views over foggy Munich. I will admit that the lack of an elevator had so far put me off going up the tower. But in the end it didn’t turn out to be as bad as expected. Partly, cause we had to frequently pause to let other people squeeze past us on their way down.

Via a short stroll over the Viktualienmarkt, we then had pork roast at Zwickl. And due to a misunderstanding, S ended having her soup after her main – why not... Next up was the Stadtmuseum (townmuseum), which I couldn’t even find in my guide book but which hosted a photo exhibition S had googled. And the museum was a real jewel. Check out their quirky puppet section!


Afterwards, we checked out the surfers at the Eisbachwelle – something I never get tired of ;-) Followed by a stroll through the Englischer Garten. And all finished off with a train journey back to Rosenheim in the presence of a super drunk and super obnoxious group of middle aged hiking club...

Further proof of my lack of strength (if you can't decipher it: it says housewife...)
I wonder what play these puppets featured in - are there any that take place in a brothel?
And lastly a Miro puppet

No comments:

Post a Comment