Monday 21 November 2016

let the cleaning begin

One of the exercises we did during the NLP course was about establishing steps towards reaching a behavioural goal. Starting 'small', my goal was to clean and tidy my flat more regularly (or at all...). Looking at it from the 'meta-level', it became all very obvious and for once I feel optimistic, that I can actually implement my steps. I appreciate that this is a given for most people and it's not that I am a messy either. But there is a lot of room for improvement...

As part of the exercise, you identify the resources you need to accomplish your goal. You 'anchor' a resource for each step by reminding yourself of an occasion where you already used that resource successfully. What a wonderful way to acknowledge the resources one has!

I shall keep you posted how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment