Saturday 17 November 2012

BB - Beautiful Belfast

The pre-Christmas season is clearly a popular time for event invitations. After a dinner reception at Claridge's hosted by the Korean Tourism Organization, on Thursday night, the Belfast Convention Bureau recreated 'Little Belfast' at The Brewery, near Barbican. I like these showcase events. It offers the opportunity for face to face meetings with a number of venues and hotels. And making that first connection, makes it much easier and 'friendly' to develop a business relation in the future.

I've never been to Belfast - but that evening really makes me want to go! Everyone was really friendly and warm and welcoming. And while I totally appreciate that most sales people can put on the smile in an instant, I did sense a difference.

In addition to having informative chats with a number of venues, there was of course drinks, including a Guinness based cocktail (surprisingly yummy!), canapes, cooking demonstrations (food tasted delicious!) and entertainment from a gospel choir. I also got a photo of myself standing on the stairs of the Titanic and a caricature of myself. As it looks nothing like me, I am happy to share that with you :-) [I was very pleased, as I've always been too embarrassed and stingy to get one done!]


And the obligatory goodies: Xmas bauble, lots of sweets, Irish Whiskey, a scented candle by a company called Bog Standard - not really a name, I'd pick... but it is original! And afternoon tea - cakes from the Merchant Hotel. The chocolate cake was seriously one of the best I've ever eaten!!!


waiting for Leo...

No comments:

Post a Comment