Saturday 10 November 2012

my first essies

I had planned on buying loads of OPI nail polishes in America. And then couldn't find them anywhere. So, I decided to try my first essie nail polishes instead.

skirting the issue; plumberry; fiesta; check-up

skirting the issue: 
a vampy dark red; I needed three coats to get good coverage though

plumberry: 
is a rasberry colour - red with a bit of pink in it.

fiesta: 
very pink; darker than in the picture and very similar to my OPI That's berry daring

check-up: 
part of the Cancer Awareness special edition

Overall, I think I still prefer the OPI polishes, with the bigger brush. I find the essie polishes rather thick and with the smaller brush, it take more strokes to cover the whole nail. I also don't seem to be able to control it as well, and managed to paint part of my cuticles, too, which doesn't usually happen with OPI. While the OPI polishes usually last several days without chipping at all, I had the first few small chips on the essie ones on the second day already. But I loved all the colours and they did have a nice finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment