Monday 26 November 2012

Great Expectations

Well, to be honest I didn't have great expectations after having read some reviews about the latest adaptation of Dickens' novel Great Expectations. The film gets released in the UK this Friday, but I had won two tickets to a pre-screening tonight at the Courthouse Doubletree by Hilton Hotel courtesy to Emerald Street.

To be honest, I had expected a bit of a reception or something. Instead, we were led straight into the cinema (yes, amazingly the hotel has it's own cinema!) and when the film was over, that was it.

I'm a little embarrassed that I knew nothing about the story. So, while I wasn't overwhelmed by the film, I am glad that I now know what the story is about! Some amazing actors play in the film - like Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Robbie Coltrane - but the film somehow just seemed to be a bit slow. Maybe it was just the original story with its various twists and violence, that I didn't like.

All in all, I still enjoyed it - not least as I love winning competitions (which doesn't happen very often) and secondly, it was nice to be in a cinema again as I hardly ever make the time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment