Monday 30 July 2012

A little bit of Venice in Spain

From Granada, I went on to Malaga for one night, before my flight went back to the UK. I stayed at the Hotel Venecia, a *** hotel right in the city centre on the Alameda Principal, one of the main roads. The location is perfect: walking distance to the beach, the shopping mile and all the sites in the city centre. It also means though that there is a lot of noise from the traffic on the main road, even with the windows closed. In addition, the noise from the other hotel rooms, especially the one above me, was very annoying. I think noise is really the one factor that very often spoils my stays at hotels. Other hotel guests show no consideration about their 'neighbours' and just behave as if they are the only people around. Even in the middle of the night.

The room itself, including the bathroom, was very spacious, especially for a *** hotel. The aircon had seen better days, but was still doing the trick. The room even came with a little balcony. Unfortunately, I found a clipped toe nail in the bathroom and a massive cockroach, which tried to hitch a ride to the UK in my suitcase. Fortunately, I spotted it before I closed the suitcase...

So, all in all, I don't think I would stay there again. But I guess for the price (~€62) and the location, it's ok.

Good sized and comfortable bed

TV with two German channels!!

could-have-been-cleaner bathroom

View from the balcony



No comments:

Post a Comment