Wednesday 11 July 2012

Good news

Who would have thought that chemotherapy could be regarded as good news.

Blood results are back and my Mum is able to continue the chemo, even though at a reduced dose. Her hair has started falling out after just one treatment, which she had four weeks ago. I always thought that this bit would bother me the least. After all - the hair will grow back. But now that this is actually happening to her, I am finding it really upsetting. One's hair is just such a prominent feature of one's appearance. You can't overlook the fact you are losing your hair, every time you see yourself in the mirror.

Next time I see her, she will look so different. If the hairdresser gets her way, she will have a blonde wig (my Mum has naturally black hair, and nowadays black with grey streaks).

No comments:

Post a Comment