Monday 23 July 2012

Sunday roast and a life in the countryside

It's nice to get out of the city once in a while. And a day in the countryside is always perfectly complemented by lunch in a traditional English Pub. And on a Sunday it really has to be Sunday Roast - of course with all the trimmings! After eight years in England I am even growing fond of gravy!

The other week, we stopped in Steyning, West Sussex on our way down to Brighton. Steyning is a small village with around 5,800 villagers. It comes with cute little houses and I would love to live in one of them. I wouldn't want to have to commute in to London though. So, unfortunately, as long as I haven't won the lottery and while I still have to work, it's probably not going to happen.

We will return for more Sunday Roasts though at Whites bar & kitchen! I enjoyed the Limousin Sussex Sirloin of Beef, and my partner had the South Downs Slow Roast Leg of Lamb - both came with dripping roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding (I never quite understand the concept of this piece of dough - but it's delicious!), cauliflower cheese and fresh local vegetables and of course gravy.

beef with horseradish sauce and burried red cabbage


lamb with mint sauce


lovely, isn't it?


Church Street

...and the church is just round the corner


No comments:

Post a Comment