Tuesday 10 July 2012

Eating out

I love eating out. Not least as there is no washing up afterwards!


I am probably one of the few people on this planet who get excited about food on planes! Even with the normal-cost airlines, food nowadays only consists of a bag of crisps or peanuts. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when BA served a full English breakfast on my recent flight to Edinburgh.



Fish'n Chips at the Clyde Court Hotel in Ballsbridge/Dublin. Nice presentation, a tiny portion of pea puree and a reminder that I don't like plaice. Plaice is one of the English words where I ALWAYS forget what the German translation is. After having eaten this though, I hope I will remember next time. Secondly, what I like most about fish'n chips is the batter. And the batter wasn't that great.


Fettuccine Carbonara at Pacino near Grafton Street in Dublin. Massive portion and a little too garlicy for my taste but otherwise nice and very nice service, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment