Sunday 15 July 2012

Monkey time

Dublin Zoo is located in Phoenix Park, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) inner city parks in the world. You can hire the Meerkat restaurant at Dublin Zoo for events such as dinners and weddings. During the day, it comes along as a rather simple cafeteria for Zoo visitors. At one end it includes the meerkat enclosure. That's the first added bonus - enjoy your meal while watching these ueber-cute animals!

The restaurant easily fits 200 people for a sit down dinner. You can hire a VIP animal for the night, such as a snake, so guests can get photos taken with the snake. For a little extra, guests can also be taken on 30 minute guided tours through the Zoo.

I'm not sure I would want my wedding there and it's quite difficult to imagine the room all made up, as it looks very basic during the day, but I do think that it offers a different experience, at a reasonable price - not easy to find in Dublin, which turned out to be surprisingly expensive.

After the visit of the Meerkats restaurant, we also had time to take a tour of the Zoo.
Have I mentioned that I love the perks my job comes with (at times)?

once you've stared at the bums - just look at the cute little one!
having a little snack on this very cool tree
cuddly, furry and so cute
I've never seen so many giraffes in one place - they didn't all fit into the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment