Tuesday 24 July 2012

Granada is hot in July

Very hot indeed. Good air conditioning is therefore high on the list of criteria of a good hotel. I went to Granada for work and stayed at the 5* Hotel Nazaries. And the air conditioning worked very well. My room came with twin beds, which was very handy as I was able to sleep in one and use the other to dump all my stuff on.

The bathroom was big and came with a wide range of toiletries, including a toothbrush and toothpaste - which really should be standard in all hotels! How often do you go on a trip and end up having to buy a toothbrush, because you've forgotten yours at home. Plus a razor, a comb and the more common shower cap, shoe shine and of course shampoo and shower gel.

The shower had a massage panel. They only worked all by themselves, rather than all at once, which I think would have been much better. But I'm not complaining. Contrary to my colleagues, I didn't end up flooding the whole bathroom (God know how they managed - but they swore that they just had a normal shower). The toilet and bidet are behind the glass wall, left of the mirror. I really liked the design of the sinks, too.

The hotel lobby comes with an impressive chandelier and you are welcomed by a very welcome coolness, which is so refreshing when coming in from nearly 40C outside.

There were a few downsides though: despite four lifts being available, I always had to wait a considerable time for any of them to come. Secondly, the Wi-fi connection (included in the price) was very weak, thirdly, there was no foreign TV channel available. Well, until my colleague's partner complained and we were then able to watch BBC World News. Last but not least, the windows weren't very sound-proof and I got woken by the building works outside at 7am every morning.

The hotel is located about a 10-15 minute walk from the city centre and at a price of €89 for B&B, I would definitely recommend it.







No comments:

Post a Comment