Wednesday 25 July 2012

I do not like being taken for an idiot

We organized a joint meeting with another organization a few months ago. I only just now received their final budget. Based on this budget, we generated a profit - which of course should be shared but had not been mentioned to us. When I politely pointed this out, I was suddenly sent a revised budget, which now included a 30% admin charge. Needless to say, that WE did not charge them for OUR admin time nor had this ever been mentioned or been included in the draft budget 6 months ago.

I was absolutely furious! We do a lot of joint events, and never have I experienced anything like this before. Why would you treat a partner organization like this? The irony is as well that they could have easily manipulated other cost factors in the budget and I would not have noticed nor demanded to see receipts. Openly being taken for an idiot is not something I appreciate. And what I detest the most is the fact that they actually think they can get away with this kind of behaviour. Are they banking on 'English politeness' prevailing?

Too bad for them that I am not English.


No comments:

Post a Comment