Saturday 14 July 2012

Quirky and colourful design

On my recent trip to Dublin, I went to check out a number of different hotels as potential speaker hotels for my event next year. All of them 4* and perfectly fine. But one of them was special and I completely fell in love with it: Trinity Capital Hotel.

The hotel is located in the city centre, just a few minutes from Trinity College and Grafton and O'Connell Street. It's above/next to a fire station - which worried me a bit. But the fire engines are not allowed to sound sirens after 9pm and before 7am - so you are guaranteed a noise-free night. In addition, windows facing the street are triple-glazed.

Rooms are spacious with spacious bathrooms. On the ground floor there are a number of restaurants and bars, with their own quirky designs. The lobby is dominated by impressive plush sofas and behind the reception desk is a collection of vintage pieces of luggage.

Prices for B&B start at €99. My photos unfortunately didn't turn out that great - the ones on the website are much better. I will certainly be back on my next trip to Dublin!

I want the red one for my living room!

with a bit of hoover coming in from the left

lobby with a fireplace

reception

No comments:

Post a Comment