Saturday 29 September 2012

Airport - part I

I'm working hard on becoming a confident flyer. And while it has already gotten much better, I am still far from being keen on flying. So, unless I am leaving the airport (and not in a plane), the airport is not my favourite place. I'm also worried I will miss my flight, which means I usually arrive super early - which just prolongs the agony, of course.

Anyway, last week, I had very foolishly scheduled an early telecall. And only later realized that it meant having to arrive at the airport at 7:30 in order to be able to take the call. When my flight didn't leave until 11:20.

After hardly any sleep, I arrived on time, managed to get through airport security and found a relatively quiet place to take the call. After which I then had another 2.5 hours. So, I decided to have breakfast at Whetherspoons. I never have breakfast. I just can't eat in the morning. But as I had already been awake for a few hours, I was getting hungry.


An unusual combination for me: sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs with pancakes and sirop. But it was actually really nice!

Only that my tummy is simply not used to food in the morning. And it made me a little sick... On the other hand, this distracted me from the fact that I had to get on a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment