Thursday 27 September 2012

Classic FM rocks

Courtesy of the Glasgow City Marketing Bureau I got tickets for the Classic FM live concert celebrating the radio station's 20th anniversary concert at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday.

The evening started off in style by me and my colleague getting picked up in a car from our office. We were greeted with drinks and bowl food at the Royal Albert Hall before the concert started. Presenters included Myleene Klass (that's when the flashes went off - despite it being forbidden to take photos...), Alan Titchmarch, Alex James (from Blur) and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

I don't know a lot (well, anything really...) about classical music and I was a little worried, that I'd fall asleep. But I actually really enjoyed it. The first half, more than the second part - possibly because the pieces seemed to keep getting longer and I have a very short attention span...

All in all a very entertaining evening with great hospitality (sweets during the interval and a car to take us home after the concert!)! And I came away thinking that I really should learn something about classical music.
Or at least start listening to Classic FM :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment