Friday 28 September 2012

Very, very bad timing

I had been looking forward to this weekend for weeks. Conference Care invited me to Chester racecourse for the horse race finale tomorrow - including a 5 course dinner and a stay at a hotel. Going to my first horse race had been on my wish list forever! mc had even agreed to miss his beloved team Brighton play Birmingham in order to be my +1.

And then I get cystitis yesterday. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Afternoon and evening have been horrible as per usual. But I somehow managed to sleep a bit. I'm feeling much better this morning. But not well enough to go to work. And I really don't want to risk it getting worse by standing around in the cold, watching the horse race. And then having to travel in the car for hours...

I guess the good news is that mc can go watch the footy after all. While I will be having a weekend at home with lots of tea and cranberry juice and DVDs. And I won't lose (or win, of course) any money on betting.

No comments:

Post a Comment