Friday 7 September 2012

Nostalgia

Does anyone file their sent emails? I don't. Just don't see the point. Search function works perfectly fine, doesn't it?

Well, new rules at work mean that anything that isn't filed away will be deleted from the sent box after a year. The other day, I therefore ended up going through my sent emails from about a year ago. And got a little nostalgic. In June last year, I took up my new role in the meetings and events management. It was such a busy time, working overtime nearly every day as well as on weekends. Reading those emails brought back the memory of all the challenges and hard work. And it also brought back a sense of the satisfaction and pride I felt. Despite all the circumstances, it was the happiest I've ever been at work.

Compared to my current workload, I do wonder where I found the energy to tackle it all. I've just had a 2 week holiday, and feel I could do with another one...

No comments:

Post a Comment