Friday 8 August 2014

All fixed

While meeting a friend for lunch and an impromptu quick visit of the National Portrait Gallery (I'll be honest - I just needed the loo....), I missed a call from the concierge. I could hardly understand the voice message he left me but was expecting the worst...

I came back and the situation seemed to have gotten worse in the course of the day. They had switched off the water for my flat, but the wall/wallpaper on the GROUND floor was absolutely soaking and it was still continuously dripping into the bucket - even though I hadn't been home and thus the water hadn't been running.

I called my landlord again to make sure that he was aware that he really urgently had to come by. And so he did and assured me that he'd seen much worse. His plumber friend fixed it (and while he was at it, also fixed the hot/cold water problem I've been having for a while!) while I was catching up with my landlord.

Water is back on and apparently it's all fixed. 
Next time, I shall have (more) faith in my landlord and will resist fretting. 
A pity that I had to cancel my evening plans :-( 
But what a relief that it was sorted within the day. 
Bring on the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment