Sunday 3 August 2014

Taking time for the important things

Again and again, I find myself making excuses for NOT doing the things that I know will do me good or at least make me feel good. I might end up mindlessly surfing the internet for hours - instead of finishing that book, doing some sewing or tidying my flat (ok, admittedly, tidying my flat will ALWAYS come last on my priority list). Literally every Tiny Budhha newsletter I've read, offered me some insight, some comfort, some words of wisdom. And somehow, I have 20+ newsletters sitting in my inbox unread. I don't get it.

The article I read yesterday seemed to summarize exactly what's going on in my mind: why is it that I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life? I've asked many people this question, especially over the last 6 months or so. And reassuringly, a lot of people have encouraged me to keep exploring but to also not beat myself up over it. The other day, somebody (in a senior position) said: who ever knows what it is they want to do? Relax, it's ok!

And here is the article about 7 simple (and surprising) tips to help you realize your dreams by Lisa Esile.

No comments:

Post a Comment