Tuesday 19 August 2014

Random

While I was waiting for somebody at Canary Wharf station, I got approached by an elderly lady. Judging by her accent, I'd say she was Italian. She had a tube map and asked how to get to South Quay. So, I explained which DLR to take. Not what she wanted to know though: she wanted to walk. Fair point, as it's only two stops on the DLR and really not far to walk. If you know the way, that is.

Given my relatively recent own experience of getting completely lost in Canary Wharf, I really didn't think it would be wise for me to give her directions. So, I apologized and said, I didn't know. She gave me a quizzical look and asked: But how did YOU get here??? Ahem: on the DLR and also from the opposite direction!!!! I wonder whether she thought I was deliberately withholding information...

Not sure whether I missed the point, but I can't work out why just because I'm AT a station, I have to also know the entire area around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment