Saturday 16 August 2014

'Round Midnight

A year! Can you believe it? It's a whole year ago, that I went on the wonderful fam trip to Lisbon. Time has flown by, but when I think and look back (I was scrolling through my blog to find my Lisbon entries) so, so much has happened. This probably sounds a bit lofty and dramatic but I am incredibly grateful for all the wonderful experiences (a lot of them presented to me through my job), all the amazing people that crossed my path and I'm also proud of myself for making a lot of this happen and for trying to take a good and honest look at myself.

Last week, I met one of the guys from the trip who I hadn't seen in nearly a year and we had a lovely evening. It felt very familiar and not at all as if we hadn't seen each other for so long. I had this weird feeling of not actually having changed at all since but also having changed a lot. I put that down to still being very much who I am and was back then. But just a much happier more content version.

We had cocktails at 'Round Midnight (happy hour until 19:00!) a Jazz and  Blues bar in Islington. An interesting place which started to fill up when the band came on. Which is when we moved on to Wagamama for dinner. I have to admit that the food was very disappointing. Not that I expect high quality food at Wagamama but I've certainly had better food there before. But having good company always makes up for any disappointment in the food. :-)

Chicken Katsu with curry

No comments:

Post a Comment