Sunday 3 August 2014

Let the right one in

At the Apollo theatre and thanks to Time Out for just a tenner! And we had brilliant seats, too! I wonder whether they are struggling with selling tickets after the unfortunate incident with the collapsed ceiling.

Anyhow, I didn't know much about the story, haven't (yet) seen either of the films (American and original Scandinavian version) but had heard good reviews (just headlines) and I like going to the theatre.

Ceiling and stage at the Apollo
It was really good. Sad, and funny and shocking. Having just watched the movie trailer, I expect the movies are more scary than the play was, but that's probably a good thing, given how jumpy I am. I loved the atmosphere they created on the relatively bare stage. I loved the Scottish accents. I loved all the actors. And it even had some humour. Go and see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment