Saturday 30 August 2014

Stuck

It's been another busy week, filled with a little bit of craziness. Well, quite a lot of craziness actually. And it's the loveliness around me and towards me that has (so far anyway) kept me (relatively) sane. I hope the people in question know just how much this means to me :-)

But no more moaning, cause it's the weekend!!!! And it started with strawberry-peanut butter milkshake, brunch burger, fries and onion rings at The Diner. And continued with my first ever Appletini (I used to religiously watch all Scrubs episodes - can't believe I didn't try it sooner!) mixed by a very nice barkeeper at Prague Bar.

On my way home on the DLR, my bag strap got stuck at the side of the seat. The nice lady next to me - apparently having had similar experiences before - tried her best to rescue it, but with no success. I of course missed my stop. Fortunately, the DLR driver (conductor - what are these people called? I still don't understand what they actually do, given the DLR drives itself) managed to pull it out. I admit that I had already pictured myself being stuck on the DLR in an endless loop... Londoners are very helpful after all! :-)

The pancake + syrup comes as part of the brunch burger
following the advice of the waiter, I had mine served on the side
I'm easily impressed: check out the straw stuck to the glass! Cool, right?
And the art: they have monthly rotating exhibitions of local artists - loved the paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment