Sunday 31 August 2014

Walk 10

Weather forecast predicted clouds but no rain. But of course it started raining literally 10 minutes before the walk around Hampton Court Palace started. Fortunately it just drizzled and didn't last long either. It certainly didn't dampen our spirits!

Together with about 900 other people in yellow Marie Curie Cancer Care T-shirts we set out. Volunteers along the way made sure we went the right way, provided water and encouragement. After the half way mark, I did start to feel my thighs and a little later my feet, too. But overall it was much more manageable than I thought it would be and I am also feeling fine today. The route was really beautiful and scenic.

The night ended with a picnic and fireworks. Fireworks always make me sentimental and emotional. I think primarily because it reminds me of New Year's Eve/my birthday/things coming to an end and new beginnings. Add to that a short speech by one of the Marie Curie nurses - and thinking about those who passed away because of cancer... So, if you can, please make a donation.

Most of all, I would like to thank A, S and T for walking and fundraising with me. A great way to celebrate our 'anniversary' of meeting in Lisbon nearly exactly a year ago - so happy to have you guys in my life! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment