Tuesday 7 October 2014

Amazing people with amazing stories

S very kindly took me as her plus one to the Pride of Britain Awards ceremony which took place at the Grosvenor House in London last night (and is being broadcast on ITV today). Dress code was 'lounge suit' and I was of course massively underdressed... I also hadn't realized just how many celebs would be there! I only got one selfie though - thanks to S - with a very handsome Frank Lampard. Otherwise I have some bad quality shots of celebs - to be admired below.

More importantly though, the evening was celebrating Britain's unsung heroes. It was a very touching, inspirational and certainly humbling event. I was especially touched by Cissy Adamou's story: At only 15, she had to go through a heart transplant, a kidney transplant and tumours in her spine and brain. She has been fundraising money and also runs a blog - helping other kids and teenagers who go through similar experiences while being so incredibly upbeat and positive. 

I take so much for granted and make tiny issues into big problems way too often. It's good to have a reality check once in a while. Or more often.

Great food, too - salmon starter, lamb main and one of the most delicious desserts ever: cherries, ice cream, chocolate
Peter Crouch and Abbey Clancy, Jamie Oliver,
Christine Bleakley (I was actually trying to get Frank Lampard when she turned around...), Chris Hoy
Phillip Schofield in action and Jimmy Carr with Jason Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment