Monday 20 October 2014

And some more food

The other day, my Mum was asking me what I do in the evenings. And I said, eating out. And she was like: Eating out EVERY SINGLE EVENING? And I of course don't eat out every single evening. But as it happens: I haven't eaten at home for the last eight days. Which also means: no washing up for eight days - brilliant!

Last week, we had a committee meeting. As we all know, they can be a little (or a lot) tedious. But I have to say that this particular committee, who I've worked with over the last three years, is a little different from the rest. A bunch of nice people and what makes them especially nice (for me), is that I feel very much part of it - rather than just the administrator who does as she's told. It's generally great to feel that one's opinions and recommendations are being taken seriously.

At one point, we were discussing the risk register for the organisation and one of the risks was a note about key staff leaving. Which prompted the chair to invite everyone to be nice to me (I happily take that, but bribes would be equally welcome...).

In the evening a colleague and me went for dinner with one of the committee members whose train didn't leave until later that night. Picking a restaurant always makes me a little nervous, as I worry (yes, yes, I worry too much!;-)) that people won't like what I like. As his train was leaving from St Pancras, I decided to take them to the Grain Store. And I'm pleased to say that both of them really enjoyed it. Plus had never been to the newly developed square around there: always nice to show people new places.

Squid steak - it might not look it but it was absolutely delicious and served with divine roast potatoes and pumpkin puree; the rice pudding was a bit too fatty for my liking (cooked with double cream, I wonder....) but nice nonetheless

No comments:

Post a Comment