Sunday 5 October 2014

Letting go

Being a manager (of people rather than just projects) is still something I am learning to get better at. I do feel that the coaching and communication training I've been having is helping a lot with this.

Last week, I've had another meeting with my mentor where R taught me one of the Sedona release techniques. Imagine holding a set of keys in your hand. You can feel the sharp edges of the keys. Squeeze your hand a bit tighter and it will start hurting. What to do for it to stop the pain? Yes, simply letting go of the keys, loosening the grip or even dropping the keys (by the way, that is not the technique - that's just the analogy he used to explain it).

Instead of holding negative feelings in your mind - let them go. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? I do think I've gotten a lot better with this, too. But more works still needs to be done. After I've had a bit of a tricky and draining experience in the morning, I left R's office feeling so much calmer, relaxed and light. A good start.

And I know that I've said this many times before, but I am very grateful for the wonderful people who are part of my life and many of whom have stepped into it just over the last year or so.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment