Friday 24 October 2014

What started in Paris

Just finished 'Just one year' and after I really liked 'Just one day', I have to say I was rather disappointed with part two of the story. 'Just one year' basically tells the story from Willem's point of view*. And maybe it's the fact that the ending of 'Just one day' already indicates where this story is going, I found myself just rushing through and wanting to get to the end. I somehow didn't warm to Willem the way I did with Allyson. The fact that Willem's search, despite all his efforts, remains unsuccessful, just became annoying.

I haven't yet decided what to read next, but bought a couple of books in Austria. Will be nice to read a German book for a change.


* very brief summary: boy meets girl, they spontaneously go to Paris for 24 hours, fall in love (of course), due to 'accidents' they lose each other, Allyson returns to the US, pines for Willem, tries to find him until she finally meets him again a year later

No comments:

Post a Comment