Saturday 4 October 2014

Jersey shore

... this side of the Atlantic.

Fam(iliarisation) trip to Jersey (the largest Channel islands off the coast of Normandy) on Tuesday. Just an hour from City Airport with Blue Island airline - in a tiny plane. I'm pleased to say that flying is not an issue these days. Previously I would have been fretting over getting on the plane for days.

To be honest, I still don't quite its special status of not actually being part of the UK, but still ruled by the Queen. I also didn't know that the Germans had occupied Jersey from 1940-1945.

The day was way too short to see it all - despite it being a small island. We had great weather and being anywhere near the sea makes me very happy. A lovely day, well organized by Lydia. I hope to be back - either with business or a weekend break!

Gorey Castle
Inside Gorey Castle
Durrell Wildlife Park - seeing monkeys obviously made my day!!!
LOVED the pink chairs and art at the 5* Grand hotel in St Helier
Seaside loveliness
her gaze is following you wherever you are in the room (exhibition at Gorey Castle)

No comments:

Post a Comment