Saturday 4 October 2014

What's with the shouting?

With the girls travelling so much, it is proving difficult to meet up these days. But last Thursday, at least T, A and I managed to meet up for Vietnamese at Cay Tre in Soho. I was clearly too busy catching up and forgot to take photos.... But I am sure you all know what a classic pho looks like. And it was yummy! But it was super noisy. Always reminds me of my first months in the UK, up in Hull. My ability to understand English in noisy places (like pubs) hasn't improved over the last 15 years (15 years... makes me feel old...).

After dinner we headed to Muriel's Kitchen. They have three branches across London - Soho, Leicester Square and South Kensington. Again, I didn't take photos - but go and check them out: lovely, quirky, homely design and they let us sit and chat over just a coffee for hours. Great place!

No comments:

Post a Comment