Monday 20 October 2014

To Be Free

I had booked tickets for Simon Amstell's show To Be Free months ago. Partly as a thank you for J who had helped me with my dying laptop. Time is flying at the moment, we last Thursday, together with A and J, I went to the Leicester Square Theatre (it's next to the Prince Charles cinema) - and absolutely enjoyed the show! Not only was I laughing throughout but there was a lot of stuff that was resonating with me. Let's all be a little more free! :-)

I didn't actually know very much (anything, really) about Simon before that night. I'd seen him on Never mind the Buzzcocks a couple of times, so I can't really remember what made me pick his show. His warm up act (and it's a shame that I cannot remember his name) was also really good. As per usual, I won't try to summarize the show - you can read the Guardian review and here's a youtube clip from his stint on the Letterman show which also has some of the material he uses in his show:



And another great one from last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment