Sunday 4 September 2016

adjustments

I did this top a few years ago, weirdly I seem to have never posted it on my blog. The cleavage was quite low for my liking, so I adapted the pattern. And as I didn't have enough fabric, I also had to adapt the collar bit slightly. It's quite unusual for me to adapt patterns, primarily as I lack the skills and also because I am lucky enough that sewing something according to the pattern usually fits me reasonably well.

It needs a bit of ironing... And I clearly didn't measure the collar bit very well as the knot is meant to be in the middle. But as it happens, I quite like it a bit asymmetrical. I thought a bit of color would look nice, and went to buy a burgundy read zip (not visible in the photos, it's on the side), and burgundy bias binding. Or so I thought. Instead of bias binding, I got seam tape. Which I've never used before.

I used it on the armholes. Only to decide that I didn't like the splash of color after all. I have the association that it looks as if a bra strap is visible. As I hate undoing seams very much, I simply sewed it to the inside instead. I'm a true professional... Lastly, I also didn't bother with the facings - anything that gets me to the finished garment quicker ;-)

New Look 6808
And in comparison, the first version I did:


No comments:

Post a Comment