Sunday 11 September 2016

more, always more

The other day, while I was at the department store to buy a zip, I saw some beautiful pale pink woolly fabric on sale for 4.99€. I returned home and searched the web for a suitable coat pattern. I actually have a coat pattern I haven't yet used, and incidentally the coat on the picture is made of a similar fabric, but somehow I wasn't feeling it. I shortlisted four patterns and returned to the store the next day to see whether they had the patterns. And they did. All four of them. I stared at all of them and one by one reduced them down - to the one, I had already kind of singled out during my internet search...

Then I spotted another baby blue woolly fabric, also for just 4.99€. Things were getting complicated. I went back and forth between the two fabrics, touching them, holding the pattern envelope next to them, occasionally getting distracted by other fabric and FINALLY decided to go with the pale blue one for the simple reason that it is not as thick and therefore will be easier to sew with.

And while I was at it, I also got this blue stretch fabric for a dress. I usually always buy at least 2 metres of everything and always end up with scrap - never enough to make anything else with it though. For once, I wanted to be more economical and just got 1.60m. To realize at home that I would have needed more for the wrap dress I had in mind... Anyway, thanks to the numerous patterns I possess, I have already picked an alternative pattern.

And in case you are wondering: of course I haven't even started on the coat that I bought fabric for about three weeks ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment