Friday 2 September 2016

you've got to laugh...

I will admit that I dread my weekly German tuition sessions. I struggle to remain patient and most of all, I find it so frustrating to see so little progress. And I clearly lack the optimism or vision to even imagine that one day, they'll be able to manage basic communication.
As per usual, this might well be a matter of me having too high expectations. And despite everything, I do see progress and he has learned a few words since we started. I should focus on that really.

Anyhow, when I arrived today, his wife and daughter were in town. Which in a way makes it easier. He seems set on impressing me. Or rather on telling me that he will impress me next week. It is yet to happen. Despite my frustrations, I have to say, there were some funny moments today (I'll have you know that I only laughed on the inside and not out loud!). His reading is overall ok-ish. But there are some words, where he comes out with the weirdest words, which - to my eye - have no relation to the actual words. One example:
Chapter on health, and going to the doctor: Ich gebe Ihnen eine Spritze.
And what he said: Ich habe einen Spast.

No comments:

Post a Comment