Wednesday 21 September 2016

just my kind

The new Volkshochschule (adult education) Semester has started and as per usual, full of motivation, I had signed up to a blackroll class. I had bought the blackroll months ago, and - despite a DVD with instructions - have yet to use it. I figured that a class might be a good starting point which would increase the likelihood of me using it regularly at least a tiny bit. The class was due to start yesterday and Monday afternoon I got a call, that the call was cancelled due to lack of attendees. Back to the drawing board.

Fortunately, I found another class focusing on back exercises. Also useful. The class takes place Wednesdays from 9:30-10:30. Not least due to the timing, I anticipated a room full of pensioners. And I wasn't wrong. Well, not quite a full room but 6 other people. And a lovely instructor. The class was really good and I wouldn't say it was too easy for me at all. No surprise there given how unfit I am...

Making friends with the ladies will be a tough task though as they have been going to this class for years. I ran into one of them when I arrived and she seemed taken aback that I even said Good morning to her. I then also committed the crime of taking 'her' mat (not on purpose, of course, I simply settled on one of the mats in the room). She came up to me and suggested I move. No explanation either. The only man in the class seems to be the most fun, too. Maybe, I'll befriend him.

No comments:

Post a Comment