Monday 5 September 2016

in the sky

I was walking across the mini Oktoberfest with a friend the other day. She suggested getting on the Ferris wheel. While we were queuing, she spotted the Star Flyer though - so we moved over there. And this is where my brain works in mysterious ways: the warning includes a note that people with spinal problems are advised not to go on the ride. I am scared of heights. I've been on a similar thing in London and was terrified.

And somehow, I still find myself getting a ticket and queuing with sweaty palms.
BUT it actually turned out to be very pleasant! It didn't aggravate my back and seeing the mountains go past on the horizon was a pretty sight.

I suppose that is the key also: that I subconsciously remember that doing things I feel hesitant or even scared about, pay off.


No comments:

Post a Comment