Thursday 29 September 2016

Sam Allardyce and me

After just 67 days, Big Sam's dream of being the England footy manager came to an end. Due to the things he said at a meeting with a fake company which turned out to be the press. One does wonder what kind of advisers this man has, that this even happened.

Here's the lesson that I am taking away from this: don't bitch about people. It's best only to say things about people, you'd be happy for said people to hear directly from you. Yesterday I came across a live stream about Why we do things to impress others, which I figure was part of Sam's intentions. While there surely is an element of trying to put oneself on a pedestal, based on my own experience, it also has to do with simply wanting to be liked. Which of course we also assume will be beneficial to us.

Moreover, talking shit about people results in wasting my precious time dwelling on negativity. Nothing good can possibly come from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment