Tuesday 6 September 2016

such a laugh

Lunch with my neighbours on Friday, dinner on Saturday. Lucky to have met such lovely people.
Also, they helped me get rid of my sofabed. I had gotten the sofabed for free from a friend of a friend when I moved here last year. Some weeks ago, I noticed mould on it. Which is rather unfortunate and I also can't quite work out how it got there. As I can't remove the cover, and also as it looked tatty to start with, I researched how to get rid of it. My neighbour agreed to drive it to the dump in his trailer. While we got it outside, he then had the idea of leaving outside, at the curb to the main road passing the house. I added a note to say that it was for the taking but highly doubted anyone would want it. But - lo and behold - it found a new home. Money saved and somebody else is happy about the freebie.

The mould is starting to cause me concern though. I also found some on my suitcase, which is in the corner of my bedroom. And on one pair of shoes in my show cabinet int the hallway. I've started to vigorously air my flat, hoping that it will help. I wonder whether having the heating on during autumn/winter prevented the mould from growing until now. Despite the hot weather, it never gets warm in my flat, but of course I don't have the heating on either. Those are the kind of issues I hate to deal with...

No comments:

Post a Comment