Wednesday 7 December 2016

back in the day

If somebody had told me as a child that one day I would go hiking voluntarily, I would have probably thought of them as insane...
And I have to admit that just seeing the mountains on the horizons is generally enough to make me happy. 

After once more I had to admit that despite having lived here for almost 1.5 years, I have hardly seen any of the 'Alms' (the huts dotted around the mountains that serve lovely, hearty food - and as it turns out are mostly shut during winter), I was determined to change that immediately. Not least as I had also come to the conclusion that I should be using my free time much more extensively.

And to make that first step a little easier, I was lucky enough that C and her daughter (who slept throughout the hike - not bad to be pushed around a pram!) were able to join me at relative short notice. While it was cold, hiking up the hill warmed us up quickly and the sky was a beautiful blue and without a single cloud in sight. And we even got to see some snow.

This week has brought back the active 'me' and it is here to stay!

Pretty, or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment