Tuesday 20 December 2016

*sigh*

I got this pretty fabric on my last trip to London and it took me a while to decide what to sew with it. Eventually I settled on making another version of this shirt-dress (which I haven't yet worn...).

The pattern is easy enough and I nevertheless managed to make my life harder than necessary by trying to rush it... Firstly, the buttonholes are strangely positioned. This had the unintended but useful side effect of making the dress a little tighter though. But I need a safety pin at the top to hold the collar together as a consequence...

I couldn't decided on the sleeve length, so did them twice until I was happy enough. And lastly, I completely over estimated my free hand cutting skills and the length of the dress was all over the place. So, I had to unpick the seam and do it all over again. When will I learn that precision and measuring are really quite important in sewing?!? 😡

No comments:

Post a Comment