Friday 16 December 2016

the good pain

Now that my lower back is much better (*touch wood*), my neck and shoulder area is super tensed. I believe it is mainly to do with my reluctance to do the admin work that I am currently doing to pay my rent and it is really mainly a matter of my mind rather than my posture. Either way, I felt it was time to treat myself to a massage and I decided to try the Thai massage place in town.

I've only ever had one Thai massage before - and absolutely hated it! It was incredibly painful and I feared the mean lady was going to break my bones in the process... But as I picked a Thai aroma oil massage this time, I had high hopes that the experience would be different.

And it was. Still painful though, but of the good pain variety. The massage therapist confirmed that I was super tense and that she thought the tension was coming from my bum (??!). My shoulders still feel tender from her pressure - no idea how this tiny lady could do all of this - and unfortunately it hasn't had any lasting relief but that was to be expected after just one session, I guess. I shall let her perform her painful magic again on me in the not too distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment