Thursday 29 December 2016

back to the future

What happened so far (Another blast from another past):
After meeting my schoolmate (~22 years), now R (~15 years), I also have a meeting with my friend from primary school (~26 years) lined up. What a year 2016 has been.
My Dad recently had their old films transferred to DVDs. So we went back 36 and more years back. From the first holidays my parents had together to me being born until my 7th birthday.

What can I say?
I was a fat baby, a cute toddler and then had a horrible haircut. And my brother and me looked like twins. Not sure whether girl or boy twins...

And lastly, my old art teacher had gotten in touch. While my darling mother forwards all sorts of unimportant post that still gets sent to theirs, she didn't mention this letter which arrived back in November, announcing that he was selling off his art at bargain prices. Some really beautiful paintings. And more importantly, he now lives in Munich! I got quite excited and contacted him. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for me, he sold all his pieces within just two weeks though. Which really is a pity (for me). But I am hoping to arrange a catch up anyway.

Now I only need to work out what it is I am meant to learn from all these blasts from the past...

No comments:

Post a Comment