Sunday 26 January 2014

Belfast Fam trip

It didn't get off to a great start, when the National Express bus was more than 30 minutes late. Two Terravision buses came by during that time, and I'll definitely book one of them next time I need to get to Stansted airport! I do think that the hypnotherapy sessions have really had a lasting effect. And this might sound silly to a lot of people, but in the past, this would have properly freaked me out! I would have been convinced to miss my flight and would have gotten very agitated and angry. Now, while I wasn't happy about having to wait in the cold and I was a little worried that I might miss the plane, there was primarily a feeling of: nothing I can do right now. And worst case scenario of missing the plane, is not the end of the world either.

Anyhow, I made it in time, flight to Belfast was short and pretty much turbulence-free and Sheila was waiting for me at the airport. It's still a cool feeling to be expected by somebody holding a sign with your name on it. By about 22:00, I was checked into the Radisson Blu hotel. Nice room, big bed but there was a strange smell in the room. Which fortunately had disappeared by the second night.

The next day, I met the three other women who were on the fam trip and we made our way to the City Hall to meet the Lord Mayor. The Hall is a beautiful building - go check it out! And the Lord Mayor is a funny man. I was finding the Northern Irish accent quite hard to understand though and was happy that I wasn't the only one who was struggling. As per tradition (at least, that's what we were told), we all left with a flower. It was a very nice touch and made me feel very welcome. It's great that the Lord Mayor acknowledges the importance of conference business for the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment