Sunday 12 January 2014

Cold hands, world food and lots of ice

The Ice Sculpture Festival was taking place at Canary Wharf this weekend. Perfect weather, too. Which meant it was pretty cold... But at least it wasn't raining. How some of the artists managed to work WITHOUT gloves on, I don't know! I also found it slightly worrying to see their electrical equipment, which included chainsaws and irons (?!) so close to the melting ice aka water.

Theme for the weekend competition was 'Fabulous Fashion'. I'm afraid my photos didn't come out very well... So, probably best to check out the gallery on the website, once they've updated it.

There was also a world food market with so many yummy things to choose from. I eventually opted for a wrap with minced beef, hummus, and salad. Fairly difficult to eat, as the wrap was generously filled and my fingers were numb by the end of it... but a good choice nevertheless!




No comments:

Post a Comment