Wednesday 29 January 2014

Oscar, Justin and a very angry Carey

The Coen brothers' new film is out in the UK: Inside Llewyn Davis.

Given the promotion around the film, I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed that Justin Timberlake and Carey Mulligan didn't play a bigger role in the movie. Aside from that, I didn't actually know much of the story which is about Llewyn Davis, a folk singer, who was once part of a successful duo but after his partner's suicide is now trying his luck as a solo singer.

At one point in the movie, I thought to myself: Llewyn really behaves like an asshole. And all the shit that happens to him, he is responsible for himself really. Nevertheless, I like him! And I also thought that were bits when nothing much happens. But that was ok. I enjoyed the movie, but I can't really describe why. I just did.


No comments:

Post a Comment